Thursday, January 8, 2015

West coast

Today's post is pics from the west coast up by Olympia Wa

Not sure what this is


or this

or this haha I wish I knew the west coasts plants like I know the south east plants. 

This is foxglove. This is the flower that inspired this post. I was visiting a friends garden a few days back and he had one of these in full bloom. 

So this flower can survive in FL apparently. 

This flower brings back memories of adventures in Olympia. Some people keep plants simply to remember. The neighbor lady has kept a few plants alive for over 20 years, they came from funerals of loved ones. 


These photos were taken back in 2011 On a truly epic road trip. 


Days of wondering through the woods and cities observing all I could.


These remind me of Dr. Suess


From the organic garden at the Evergreen state college. 
I was wondering through the woods on a small footpath and encountered some students who were going to the garden. They showed me where the organic garden program meets and I was able to try much of what they had grown. 

Anyone know what this flower is? 


The news from my garden here 
- planted sugar cain
- weeded the garden
- more work on my place
- harvested Luffa seed. 
-gave a few garden tours



                                                                       Word of wisdom -
                                                   Don't let the what ifs be a roadblock.  "What if " is the fast track to hiding behind fear and uncertainty. It is the drawn out way of never leaving your Plato's cave. And it's horribly boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment