Thursday, January 15, 2015

Mulch!

I use just about anything for mulch but tree mulch sure is nice.

With the help of a few traveling hippies we put a truck full of mulch in the yard.
One of my dragon fruit cactus plants. It's still fairly small because I harvested a few segments to sell over the summer.
A banana tree opening it's top leaf.
It's nice having trails to run down, reminds me of a more natural life.
More mulching. I got more pet bedding also to use as mulch.
The remains of a banana tree punching bag. So far everyone I've talked to about banana growing says to cut the tree down after it fruits. The tree often comes back or kicks off "pups". They say that it won't grow fruit twice. I'm not sure if that's true or not but the trunks do make great punching bags. Some fruit trees such as sea grapes seem to have a stagger harvest, so one produces one year but won't the next.  There may be exceptions based on rain and other factors during the year.
Pink pet bedding used as mulch, not the most easy on the eyes but gets the job done. 
Hope my mulberry trees come back nicely after having this leaf issue. 
Onions. These were ones I didn't get to in time so I just planted them.


word of wisdom:
At stores and shops most people grab the upper part of the door handle, you can see by the marks. During flu season in particular it's smart to grab the lower part,






No comments:

Post a Comment