Thursday, January 22, 2015

Mini post

Mulch! It looks like I'll be getting a truck full a week.  Check out a vid called "back to eden" for more information about mulch gardening. 
callaloo! This is a small plant now but these get over 7 ft tall. To the right is dragon fruit. Callaloo is a plant that I grew for a good 6 months before I knew what it was. It's a great green cooked but you could eat it raw. Sometimes I have visitors that tell me what I have been growing. Sure I could look up plants and I do sometimes but I'm taking a first person approach to gardening. The first person approach is where I learn from God and the plant about the plant as if I were the first human. The first humans didn't know the names or how to use them.. They didn't know all the technical mumbo jumbo. They learned from the plant instead of a book. I've learned about plants in this way and then looked them up only to find that I had learned things that were not in the books. First hand direct information vs second hand information. Both forms of information have their place, that's just what I'm doing.  Some people I know can even hold a plant they have never seen before in their hand and tell you what it's good for. 
My cat Tarzan, king of my little jungle. He's got quite the personality and can climb nearly anything. I'll try and get a better picture of him when he's not on the move. 


Word of wisdom: 
Teaching is not the filling of a pail, it's the lighting of a fire.




No comments:

Post a Comment