Tuesday, November 10, 2015

New camera!!!... again. Odds and ins

This is honey taken from a hive at one of my jobs. Got stung 5 times during the process. One when I found them in the compost container. 1 when I tried unsuccessfully to take the lid off. 2 from stepping barefoot on bees in the grass. Some of them were on the honey that fell to the ground, mostly cause I have never harvested honey before and didn't really know what I was doing. The last one was when I was picking bees off the honeycomb and a bee got stuck to my finger cause of all the honey. I gave most to the person who owned the place but came away with a decent bit and fresh honeycomb, this is the little that's left. :) 
I'm happy to report that I was able to successfully relocate the hive to a better safer location. I'll likely check again on the status of the hive. 
 You don't need a fancy bee suit or fog equipment to work with bees. Sure these things can help you not get stung but I was able to harvest from this very large hive. Each chunk of hive was about a foot wide and tall but only a few inch thick per panel x about 4 panels.  I didn't get stung much and when I did it was due to my own carelessness.   I did it in a cut off tshirt, cut off pj pants, barefoot and my superman pj pants tied around ears, nose and mouth so they wouldn't go in those. The trick is to be. It's a calm state, relaxed, patient, gentle. The bees sense it or something. Sure I had them all over me and had to gently pick them off but all in all it's not "hard" by any means. You can also use this trick to remove wasp nests from near doorways and such. If you happen on a hive and get stung once immediately freeze and get calm.  Often you won't get stung again if you do this, then slowly back away. So remember, be the bee. Practicing being is good. As long as it's not causing you to neglect responsibilities or preventing you from owning your mistakes.

Some palm stocks, they look like bamboo but are solid and heavy. A lady who had me cutting them back for her told me that they last for about 2 years untreated. One is now a pull up bar.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the rest yet, For now they are drying. 


                                           I may start a movement blog before too long.

Bamboo, it's dried for general use but not cured so it will rot after a season. How fast things break down really depends on how alive your place is. My place eats things. during the rainy season it's not uncommon to see 12 or more different types of mushrooms on a brief walk down many of the paths. 


Words of wisdom - 
If you have trouble forgiving try to picture yourself doing nice things for that person if you saw them. Like helping them if they had a flat tire. It helps remove some of the bitterness and encourages compassion.  It's not to say you should include someone in your life who has a pattern of evil that your unwilling to tolerate. If a person will likely harm you again if given the slightest chance sometimes its best if they stay away. Forgiveness,love, and compassion are the feelings to aim for when thinking of them even if they are out of your life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment