Wednesday, November 25, 2015

More garden views

Used some netting on the fence to help cover it in green later. This is on the path to my house.
Cherry tree there. This area needs a lot of attention. I'm digging a pond where that yellow bucket is.
I'm doing a lot of chop and drop composting during this season so everything looks rough. Started with rather poor soil but that seems to be changing fast.
This past year the canopy layer got so thick that it shaded out a lot of my understory. So the ground is looking pretty bare in a lot of places. 
Needless to say I've been doing a lot of replanting of the understory. I hope to increase the diversity dramatically in 2016.
Sugar apple tree (nothing like a regular apple save for in size.) If you have never had one I highly recommend them, particularly for those with a sweet tooth.
behind all this is a pond I dug but haven't sealed yet.
Cuban Oregano everywhere! I picked about 3 bushels worth this week. It's designated for replanting at one of my other projects.
Just behind the Cuban Oregano is a fresh mound that I'm working on.
Banana and papaya are great starter crops for a new gardener.
A few fresh papaya, My trees in other areas of the garden are loaded. Sometimes when a banana or papaya puts on fruit the fruit will actually pull the tree down. It's good to correct any leans early on, the sooner the better. 
You can see here that if you cut a papaya tree down it grows new branches and turns into something that more closely resembles a tree. 


Word of wisdom for the day 
Blessed are those who mourn,
    for they will be comforted. ~ Christ

                                                                        Video of the day 

No comments:

Post a Comment