Tuesday, November 24, 2015

more garden pics and some mulch

Even in late November the garden still has a lot of green. 

I have a lot of bananas on, over 5 clusters, I haven't done an official count.

Banana flowers never seem to get old, I should start eating more of them. I failed to soak them in lime juice and water the last go around. It seems to be an important step. 

Leaf mulch from the neighbors. I go around my neighborhood and collect leaf mulch. I'm still not sure why people think it's such a great idea to get rid of biomass but I'll keep taking it. :)

Chop and drop. I am doing a lot of chop and drop now but trying not to take too much off each plant as it is "winter" here. I put these branches and such on the paths fairly thick, this should help kick off extra heat on all the paths I do it to. Like having space heaters in the garden. As is when a freeze does come I have enough density to negate many of the negative effects. I still may loose a few clumps of banana or a few papaya fruits. 

Banana leafs are a great way to pack down your chop an drop matter.

Seminole pumpkin flower. Often with squash flowers you can simply eat the flower. One flower can make a great addition to many dishes as it adds the flavor of the squash into the dish. I typically just wait for the fruit however but I have been known to munch a few flowers when kicking about the garden.


                                                                         Words of wisdom for the day -
                                                             Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them. - A. A. Milne 

                                                                                                      Video of the day - 



No comments:

Post a Comment