Monday, November 23, 2015

More views of the garden... from the top

Nice to have reminders of the wonders of life. I find them everywhere.

Green papaya, I'm passing out a lot of these to see what people come up with. Soup, stir fry, desert, and so on. Reminds me of breadfruit on account of it's versatility. 
Banana, some people like to pull the leaf down, this can damage the tree and create rot. Better to cut them. I recently made some knife sticks that allow me to get the higher ones. Just took a big cooking knife and screwed it into a old shovel handle. Made another with a broom handle. Great tools, I'll likely do a post on it
Mexican spinach from the roof. Found out it only needs to be boiled about 2 or 3 min, water dumped, and then cooked. According to wiki up to about 5 leafs can be eaten raw.


A view from the roof. The density this year reached a new peak that shaded out much of the ground level stuff.  I rarely if ever cover anything during a freeze due to the density.  When designing a garden I recommend burning a Luffa or something that produces a good bit of smoke. The smoke will tip you off to the key wind currents. If you design right you can take advantage of these currents. 
Another view from the top. I gotta say living in a jungle is great, if you haven't done it I recommend it. Often times people aren't expecting all this when I tell them I garden. 

The lights and colors do good things for the mind
I planted most these papaya by simply spitting out the seeds into the mulch.


Random photography by me :) This is a beer bottle believe it or not. 



Word of wisdom -
Enjoy true beauty, take time to witness it.


Video of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment