Sunday, December 6, 2015

Inky cap aka coprinopsis atramentaria

It's fairly common for me to see these in my garden. They make some spectacular displays. 
These play a big role in decomposition. They help break down wood, grassy type stuff, poop, and so other forest debris.  
 I started seeing these after getting a load of free mulch from a pile that had been sitting for a while. 

I sometimes will pick mushrooms elsewhere and place them in my garden. I do this to increase the diversity in my garden. 



These are edible, however if you consume alcohol at all you should avoid these. Consuming alcohol within 3 days of eating these can cause a heart attack. If you consume just a little alcohol you may get lucky and not die, however you may get facial reddening, nausea, vomiting, malaise, agitation, palpitations and tingling in limbs. You can read more about the alcohol interaction all over the internet. 

Reducing your impact challenge: Unplug things when your not using them. Reduces power consumption. Power consumption wouldn't be a problem at all if it was produced cleanly but most of our power is made in a way that hurts everyone. 


Word of wisdom. - 
vulnerability is stronger than discipline. 

Video of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment